Sunday, August 4, 2013

blue blue blue!

The cottage "makeover" is almost complete, aside from deciding on what to do with the floor (tile, I'm guessing). The client chose a Sky Blue pigment for the interior lime milk paint, and it ended up changing the look and feel of the place quite a bit! I must say I miss the earth tones, and would prefer a yellow or reddish pigment if it were my own building, but it has been neat to see this building that I know so well transformed and vaulted into its next stage of life (I hope that in 10 years I can re-visit the site, and do another week of maintenance).

I'm am quite pleased with how the exterior maintenance turned out. I think the cottage looks great in white:


A creature!



The interior stonework around the woodstove had looked shabby ever since we finished the building - the stones never got properly cleaned off, and they ended up getting grouted with a clay mixture to seal up cracks during the winter... they just weren't looking very grand, as they had when they were originally stacked. So they got cleaned up, the grout lines were painted with the milk paint to cut down the dustiness, and then the whole area was sealed with a stone sealer. Now they look fresher and have a more deep, saturated look. A satisfying update!





I finally installed a desk, after 4 years of needing to - I didn't get any good shots because of how harsh the light was at the time of day that I had my camera out. 


1 comment:

  1. How to Get Money Back From an Investment Scam / Consult Alpha Recovery Experts

    The professionalism and reliability of ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS team set them apart as a trusted partner in the realm of bitcoin recovery services. Operating with the highest level of professionalism and integrity, ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS ensures that their clients receive the best possible assistance in recovering their lost bitcoins. With a team of experts dedicated to helping individuals navigate the process of recovery, they offer 24/7 support to ensure that clients receive prompt and effective assistance when they need it most. Testimonials from satisfied clients further underscore the effectiveness of ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS in recovering lost bitcoins, highlighting their commitment to client satisfaction and successful outcomes.

    Get More Info;
    Visit ; Alpharecoveryexpert. com
    Mail Add; Info @alpharecoveryexpert. com

    ReplyDelete