Wednesday, March 23, 2011

DBDB garden shed

In the last couple weeks, Dylan and I have gone out to work on the shed 3 or 4 times, and have now finished it to the point at which Ash and Giovanna want to take over with the cob sheathing layer, and exterior earthen plaster. Check out the DBDB blog for more detailed posts. Here are some spoiler photos below...

When I bought my Makita cordless drill, I was less than pleased about the LED light that activates every time the trigger is pressed, thinking of it as a gimmick. After 2 years of owning the drill, I can't even begin to count the number of times that I've appreciated this gift of light - anything from working in a dark barn, to using it as a flashlight for walking through the woods, to simply working into the night (thanks, Makita). Here I am attaching the metal roofing after dusk:



Door installed, steps for getting in, and walls ready for cob!



This was my first chance to use the new truck rack for carrying ladders! Taz, Giovanna's dog, was a great companion for us throughout the entire project.

No comments:

Post a Comment