Friday, February 4, 2011

The post-and-beam framing design is pretty much complete! (until the engineer challenges the structural integrity of it, that is...)







I made the following diagrams to explain the components of both the green roof and foundation in greater detail than can be gleaned from solely looking at the computer model:




I collected three rather large windows from Craigslist years ago in Syracuse, NY (my hometown), and they have been sitting in my parents' attic ever since. My father will be coming to visit in March, and bringing these gems with him. I don't want to have too many windows on the North side of the house, in order to avoid unnecessary heat loss, but I thought two of them would look nice together and provide a liberal view from the living room. The eyes of the house, if you will. Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment