Friday, July 19, 2013

photos...

I went out to the land yesterday to meet with the septic system contractor, and figured I'd throw up another little building that I've been dreaming about. It's just a simple lean-to at the end of the driveway. It will function as a dry spot to use tools in if it's raining, during the framing process of the house. And once the house is complete, it will be a spot to store a wheelbarrow (for getting groceries from the car to the house), stroller, bikes, extra firewood, and other such things.



There seems to be quite a bit of fallen cedar in the woods, ready for harvesting! Cutting through a cedar log is one of the prettiest, and best-smelling parts of country carpentry.



Tulip poplar from the forest.




didn't quite finish with the metal roof before the day ended...

____

Today I built another little roof, this one here at the Carlton Project. The back entrance will be a lot dryer during a rainfall.



posts in place


fancy rafter tails




oops, I forgot to trim my rafters properly and they ended up the same length as the metal (and the metal needs to overhang on each end). So I had to trim off 4 inches after they were already up, and then re-prime and paint.






Here's what the front of the addition looks like:



I framed a built-in gutter with wood, and then wrapped the hanging EPDM over this frame to create the gutter:



Here is the detail where my home-made gutter meets the store-bought downspout (it looks ugly from this view, from you don't ever see this view unless you're on a ladder or the roof):



finished all the soffit and vent details:


1 comment:

  1. How to Get Money Back From an Investment Scam / Consult Alpha Recovery Experts

    The professionalism and reliability of ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS team set them apart as a trusted partner in the realm of bitcoin recovery services. Operating with the highest level of professionalism and integrity, ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS ensures that their clients receive the best possible assistance in recovering their lost bitcoins. With a team of experts dedicated to helping individuals navigate the process of recovery, they offer 24/7 support to ensure that clients receive prompt and effective assistance when they need it most. Testimonials from satisfied clients further underscore the effectiveness of ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS in recovering lost bitcoins, highlighting their commitment to client satisfaction and successful outcomes.

    Get More Info;
    Visit ; Alpharecoveryexpert. com
    Mail Add; Info @alpharecoveryexpert. com

    ReplyDelete