Thursday, January 28, 2010

the savory snacks

A part of my blogger identity feels a tad guilty about doing a "food post." After all, this blog is supposed to be documenting a journey in building. But in the spirit of sharing my doings with people whom I care about, here is a series of photos from a pretzel experiment.









The recipe can be found here.

The results were delicious! Complaints do exist, however, and they were as follows: 1. too much salt (an easy fix), and 2. a bit too damp, which is a strange - but accurate - way to describe a pretzel. I did not let them drip sufficiently after they emerged from the boiling water, and so they were too wet when they began baking. Consequently, I had to let them bake for longer than recommended, and they were still a bit wet in places (but would have gotten too dark/burnt if I had left them in any longer). Next I would like to try making English muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment