Saturday, October 23, 2010

Morning with the shed.

I had a brainstorm last night about what to do with the five 2-foot pieces of metal roofing that I had leftover from installing the main roof on the shed (the sheets were sold in 8-foot lengths, and the short side of the gable roof is only 6-feet long, so I cut them). My eye really likes the look of cascading, complex, multi-planar roofs, so why not add a tiny little thought of a roof on the south side of the shed? Functionality, this will provide additional weather protection for the earthen oven, rain protection for the plaster on the bottom half of the south wall (as the main roof overhang is only 6 inches), and a nice little place to potentially hang some garden tools.

So before heading over to the cob house for most of the day, I spent the morning like this:








No comments:

Post a Comment